"For much of the state of Maine, the environment is the economy"
18CFR §385.214 requirements in Motion to Intervene
- (1) Any motion to intervene must state, to the extent known, the position taken by the movant and the basis in fact and law for that position.
- (2) A motion to intervene must also state the movant's interest in sufficient factual detail to demonstrate that:
- (i) The movant has a right to participate which is expressly conferred by statute or by Commission rule, order, or other action;
- (ii) The movant has or represents an interest which may be directly affected by the outcome of the proceeding, including any interest as a:
- (A) Consumer,
- (B) Customer,
- (C) Competitor, or
- (D) Security holder of a party; or
- (iii) The movant's participation is in the public interest.
[YOUR RETURN ADDRESS GOES HERE]
Ms. Kimberly D. Bose, Secretary
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
888 First Street, NE
Washington, DC 20426
2007 January XX [DATE OF FILING QUODDY BAY LNG DEADLINE IS JANUARY 16; DOWNEAST LNG DEADLINE IS JANUARY 22.]
Dear Ms. Bose,
As specified in 18 C.F.R. §§ 157.10 [SEE LINK], 157.9 [SEE LINK], 385.214 [SEE LINK], and other applicable rules, I move to intervene in this matter. I am a consumer, and my participation as an intervenor is in the public interest.
[INCLUDE OTHER FACTUAL INFORMATION TO FULFILL THE REQUIREMENTS, ABOVE. You may want to list things such as your use of the waterway, your enjoyment of boating or fishing, scenic beauty, the rural nature of the area. THE MORE SUPPORTIVE INFORMATION, THE BETTER. Include how the LNG terminals or their ships may affect your economic situation and your use/enjoyment of the area.]
[YOUR SIGNATURE Only required if you mail by post; eFiling doesn't require an actual signature, since you must be logged in to FERC's system, using your password, and that confirms to FERC who you are.]
[YOUR TYPED NAME]