"For much of the state of Maine, the environment is the economy"
- United States >
- Beyond Extreme Energy
Stop the FERCus. Clean energy NOW.
- Fix FERC
Make the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Safe for Americans.
- Atlantic Canada >
- Atlantic Coastal Action Program (ACAP)
A means of mobilizing local Canadian Atlantic coastal communities to address their own environmental and developmental challenges. (See "St. Croix Estuary Project.")
Contaminants > Nitrogen Nitrogen concentrations in coastal waters
- Stop LNG Exports from Northeastern US (Facebook page)
- Passamaquoddy First Nation >
- Qonasqamkuk / St. Andrews >
- St. Croix Scoodic Band
- Charlotte County Guide (NB)
(See "Maine & New Brunswick > Bay of Fundy > Charlotte County > Charlotte County Guide")
Fog Journal Photographic record of fog near Head Harbour Passage, Campobello Island, NB
New Brunswick > Charlotte County
- LNG Bulletin Board (ME & NB)
180 St. John Street, Fredericton, NB, E3B 4A9
(506) 458-8747 Fax: (506) 458-1047
Dedicated to saving the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia
- Massachusetts >
- Massachusetts Pipeline Awareness Network (MassPLAN)
Boston Fire Department Training Photographs (North End, Charlestown, Chelsea, Winthrop, and East Boston)
- Rhode Island >
- No LNG Coalition —
Opposing Liberty Natural Gas's Port Ambrose LNG import terminal offshore from both NY and NJ
- We Are Cove Point
Cove Point, Lusby, Maryland, citizens working to stop fracked LNG exports from Dominion Cove Point LNG
- Georgia > Savannah >
- Citizens for a Safe Secure Savannah
- reEarth: Protecting Our Planet
- Say No to LNG in the Bahamas Petition
- Alabama >
- Mobile > Mobile Bay Watch
- Texas >
- Brownsville >
- Save RGV from LNG
- BC LNG Info
LNG in Northern BC: A Conversation
- No More Pipelines
Help Keep BC LNG-free
- Concerned Citizens Bowen
Bowen Islanders standing up for the protection of Howe Sound, the pearl of the Salish Sea
- Long Beach Report (re LNG terminal)
- Tim Riley Law
- reEarth: Protecting Our Planet
- Say No to LNG in the Bahamas Petition
- Energy Justice Network
- Globe Foundation of Canada
- The business of the environment online
- LNG Law Blog
- Source for LNG Developments in North American Law, Policy, and News
- LNG Terminal Siting Standards Organization
- Leadership in advocating government adoption of SIGTTO best practices as minimum standards
- No LNG.net
- Organizations battling inappropriate LNG development
- UK P&I Club(Protection & Insurance, marine-related)
- Loss Prevention > Carefully to Carry(periodical)
- Issue 8 (2005 Feb)
Witherbys Seamanship International
- All LNG terminals in the world
Google Map aerial views:
- James A. Fay [Deceased*], Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, MIT
• LNG safety expert
* Died 2015 June 2.
Jerry Havens, Ph.D., Distinguished Professor of Chemical Engineering and Director of the Chemical Hazards Research Center, University of Arkansas Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists (magazine of global security news & analysis)
"LNG: Safety in science" article, 2004 January / February
- James Venart [Deceased*], Ph.D., Professor Emeritus, Mechanical Engineering, University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, NB — University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, Emeritus Honorees
• Fire and Explosion expert
* Died 2015 July 19.
Career-oriented education in boat construction, maintenance and repair in boatyards, marinas and in yacht construction.
Experiential learning, using natural surroundings, cultures and traditions, and the arts.
- Offshore ports & terminals
- Consulting to government
- LNG 101 [10 articles]
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
(Ship Classification Society)
- Transporting Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), 2004 March
An independent source of information, research, and programs on energy and environmental issues that affect public policy, with an emphasis on natural gas.
Atlantic Coast LNG (LNG Conference)
Bear Head LNG
Point Tupper, Richmond County, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
Downeast LNG [Also see our LNG Developers page]
- Dean Girdis
- Director Gas & Power, PFC Energy
& President of Downeast LNG
- Curriculum Vitae, 2003 (in PDF format)
Mustang Engineering, L.P.
- LNG Smart Vaporization" technology
(uses air not water to regasify LNG)
- Northeast Energy [DEFUNCT] [Also see our LNG Developers page]
- Formerly known as:
- Calais LNG
- St. Croix Development
- St. Croix Consulting
- BP Consulting LLC
- This project was the second LNG terminal project application ever to be dismissed by FERC. It was dismissed for failing to answer FERC's technical questions for one year.
- Ian Emery, Maine State Rep. (R-Cutler) 2004–2008. Calais LNG started in 2005, while he was in a position to vote in the Maine Legislature on issues affecting Calais LNG.
- Art Gelber, Gelber & Associates, Houston, TX
Quoddy Bay LLC [Defunct] [Also see our LNG Developers page]
The company attempted to put an LNG receiving terminal at:
- Gleason Cove, Pleasant Point Passamaquoddy Reservation (Sipayik), adjacent to Perry, Maine, with an 8-mile undersea cryogenic LNG pipeline northward in Western Passage of Passamaquoddy Bay to storage tanks in Robbinston, ME;
- Split Rock, adjacent to Maine Route 190 and the causeway at Pleasant Point, with a 1-mile cryogenic undersea LNG pipeline beneath Half Moon Cove to storage tanks and regasification facilities in Perry. The LNG pipeline would also have crossed beneath Route 190 and beneath a town road in Perry on its way to the storage tanks.
This project was the first LNG terminal project application ever to be dismissed by FERC. It was dismissed for failing to answer FERC's technical questions for one year.
Single Buoy Moorings, Inc. Makers of floating storage and regasification units, and cryogenic offshore offloading and loading terminals used for mooring offshore LNG terminals.
Smith Cogeneration [Also see our LNG Developers page]
Society of International Gas Terminal & Tanker Operators (SIGTTO) Non-profit gas-industry organization with membership consisting of over 90% of the world's LNG capacity. SIGTTO establishes best practices standards for the gas/LNG industry, and has available over 50 publications on those standards.
Site Selection and Design for LNG Ports and Jetties — The publication demonstrating Downeast LNG's numerous violations of SIGTTO terminal siting best safe practices.
WhisprWave Makers of small craft barriers for LNG tankers, plants, and terminals
- Downeast Coastal Conservancy
(Quoddy Regional Land Trust has merged with Downeast Coastal Conservancy)
Passamaquoddy Bay-area land trust.
- 2005 Sep 11 Workshop: "LNG: The Environmental and Safety Agenda"
- Center for Biological Diversity
- The Center for Biological Diversity works through science, law, and creative media to secure a future for all species, great or small, hovering on the brink of extinction.
- Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE)
- An international professional chemical engineering membership organization.
- LNG Fire Protection and Emergency Response (2007 Edition)
- National Environmental Trust
- Environmental problems and how they affect our health and quality of life.
- Public Justice
- America’s public interest law firm.
- Marine Life of Passamaquoddy Bay
- Striking images of the underwater world in Passamaquoddy Bay.
Downstream Today Fish Net Daily News Indian Country Today LNG Buzz Maine Environmental News Maine Public Radio MaineToday.com
- Portland Press Herald online
Natural Gas Intelligence Pine Tree Watchdog
- Maine Center for Public Interest Reporting
WERU FM Radio 89.9 Blue Hill / 102.9 Bangor
- RadioActive grassroots environmental & social justice news radio journal aired on WERU.
491 Main Street, PO Box 1329
Bangor, ME 04402-1329
Toll-Free From Maine: 1-800-432-7964
See The Saint Croix Courier, below.)
One Wing Publishing, Inc.
PO Box 253, Gouldsboro, Maine 04607
3059 Seneca Turnpike
Canastota, NY 13032
123 Water St., PO Box 213
Eastport, Maine 04631
47 Milltown Boulevard
St. Stephen, NB
- The Cutting Edge
- Brings together some of the biggest names in enterprise and investigative journalism and advocacy journalism.
Downstream Today LNG Buzz The Oil Drum
VanNess Feldman Attorneys at Law
LNG: FERC Asserts Control; CPUC Questioned Historic Oversight Authority (PDF document, 3 pages, Jun 2004)
- LNG Terminal Siting Standards Organization (incorporated into Save Passamaquoddy Bay)
- LNG safety & need: NEPA & states trump FERC (2008 Mar 26)
|Algerian LNG Plant Explosion Fact Sheet prepared by California Energy Commission Staff|
|Oil Tanker Posavina’s single-hull ruptured by tug in Chelsea Creek, Boston Harbor 8 June 2000
"Government Studies Vanish From Reporters’ View", by Bill Finch, environment editor for the Mobile Register (PDF file)
An account of the US Department of Energy withholding LNG hazard and risk reports.
Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency page containing links to separate PDF files for each section of the document. This PDF document is over 740 pages long.
Knowing and Protecting Your Rights When an Interstate Gas Pipeline Comes to Your Community: A Legal and Practical Guide for States, Local Government Units, Non-Governmental Organizations and Landowners on How the FERC Pipeline Certification Process Works and How You Can Participate, by The Law Offices of Carolyn Elefant; Washington, DC; 2010 May 17 (PDF; 1.03 MB).
|"High Noon for Natural Gas: The New Energy Crisis," by Julian Darley|
|"Natural Gas in Crisis: How Power Companies Can Keep The Lights On," by Peter R. Savage, 2005 Nov.|
|Whitherbys Publishing Online Bookstore
This Book Report’s Table of Contents (available free at link shown) shows what is involved in all aspects of the LNG industry.
Passamaquoddy Pleasant Point Reservation - Sipayik
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency page containing links to separate PDF files for each section of the document. This PDF document is over 740 pages long.
- Energy Information Administration
- Official Energy Statistics
- Natural Gas Navigator (Compare Gas Consumption Data)
International International Natural Gas and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Imports and Exports Country Analysis Briefs
Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
Analyses & Reports — Reports & Analysis, General Information
Key Publications — Quarterly Reports, LNG Monthly & Annual Reports
- EIA Analysis, 2012 Jan (PDF; 2.48 MB)
- NERA Economic Consulting Analysis, 2012 Dec 3 (PDF; 4 MB)
- Environmental Impact Statements (EISs) LNG Projects
- Maritime Administration (MARAD)
- Deepwater Port Licensing LNG
- Office of Pipeline Safety (See PHMSA, below)
Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG2000)
Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG2000)
- Ozone (O3)
- Carbon Monoxide (CO)
- Nitrogen Oxides (NOx)
- Sulfur Dioxide (SO2)
- Lead (Pb)
US Coast Guard (USCG)
LNG special issue, 2005 Fall (Vol. 62, No. 3)
Captain of the Port — Maine
Public Comment Submission Form
[Comment Deadline: 2009 Oct 10]
Clean Air Act
Clean Water Act
Coastal Zone Management Act of 1972
Coastal Zone Protection Act of 1996
Deep Water Port Act of 1974
Navigation and Navigable Waters /
Code of Federal Regulations Title 33
Department of Transportation LNG
- Cornell University Legal Information Institute
Liquefied natural gas facilities: Federal safety standards
- Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities: Federal Safety Standards /
Title 49: Transportation, Part 193
Interagency Agreement among the...
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- United States Coast Guard
- Research and Special Programs Administration
...for the Safety and Security Review of Waterfront Import / Export Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities
- Legislation Proposed
- Preempts State & Local LNG permitting requirements
(H.R. 4413 — Liquefied Natural Gas Import Terminal Development Act of 2004)
Maine Commission on Governmental Ethics & Election Practices
Maine Department of Public Safety
Maine Department of Environmental Protection
Maine Board of Environmental Protection
Maine Governor Gov. Paul LePage (in office 2011–)
Nova Scotia's LNG Opportunity
|Proclamation against LNG in Passamaquoddy Bay|
|@||MEMBER OF PROJECT HONEY POT|
Spam Harvester Protection Network
provided by Unspam